Since the earthquakes that struck Turkey and Syria on February 6, former Newcastle winger Christian Atsu had been reported missing. Atsu was a member of the Newcastle team that won promotion back to the Premier League in 2017 after joining on loan for the season from Chelsea, and later completed a permanent move.
His agent has stated that the body of former football player Christian Atsu, who played for Newcastle United, was discovered under the rubble of the building in Turkey where he lived.
Since the earthquakes that struck Turkey and Syria on February 6, Atsu had not been seen or heard from since.
He was given the wrong name, and it was said that he was admitted to the hospital the previous week.
It is with the heaviest of hearts that I have to announce to all well-wishers that sadly Christian Atsu’s body was recovered this morning,” said the representative of Atsu, Nana Sechere, in a statement. “It is with the heaviest of hearts that I have to announce to all well-wishers that Christian Atsu’s body was recovered this morning.”
“Please accept my most sincere condolences on behalf of his family and loved ones.
“I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their prayers and support. I am truly humbled by both of these things.
During this extremely trying time, I would ask that everyone respect the privacy of the family so that we can carry out the necessary arrangements. Thank you for your consideration.
Atsu was a member of the Newcastle team that returned to the Premier League in 2017 after being relegated, and the club has expressed their “profound sadness” over his passing.
The phrase “enormous sadness” was used to describe Chelsea’s reaction to hearing the news of Atsu’s passing.
In a statement, Chelsea expressed their “heartfelt condolences” to “Christian’s family and friends” as well as “all those affected by the earthquake tragedy.” Christian was a member of the Chelsea football team.